How many 330ml bottles of beer are allowed before you are over the drink-drive limit?
Not Legal Advice: There are strict alcohol limits for drivers, however it is impossible to say precisely how many drinks this equals - it is different for each person.
The legal alcohol limit for drivers in the United Kingdom is:
- 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath
- 80 milligrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood
- 107 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of urine
It’s not probable to say how much alcohol you can drink and stay below the limit and there are strict drink driving penalties if you are caught over the limit.
The way alcohol affects you depends on:
- Your age, weight, sex and metabolism (the rate your body uses energy)
- The amount and type of alcohol you’re drinking
- What you’ve eaten lately
- Your stress levels at the time
Find 7 common sense tips to avoid a drink driving conviction at Findlaw.co.uk.
Any amount of alcohol affects your ability to drive. You risk a fine of up to £5,000, a minimum 12-month driving ban and a criminal record. Find out more about the consequences of drink driving at Think!.