Number for dvla log book enquires.

To get a replacement V5C Vehicle Registration Certificate (sometimes called a log book), you can apply by phone or use form V62. You can get a replacement if your original V5C certificate has been stolen, lost, damaged, destroyed or you have not received the certificate for your new vehicle.

Apply by phone:

Telephone: 0300 790 6802 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm and Saturday 8am to 2pm)

Note: You can apply by phone if: you were shown as the registered keeper on the original registration certificate; your name, address and vehicle details haven’t changed; and you can pay the £25 fee by debit or credit card.

Apply by post:

Address: DVLA, Swansea SA99 1DD

Complete form V62 application for a vehicle registration certificate and send it to DVLA with the £25 fee.

There is no fee if you have not received the V5C registration certificate for your new vehicle however still have your green V5C/2 section. You will need to send this in with the completed V62 form.

Find the latest news on DVLA on Twitter @DVLAgovuk or visit their Facebook page.

The annual cost of driving can easily run into the £1,000s. Even if you've a good little runner, insurance, MOTs, breakdown cover, parking and fuel can all quickly clock up the pounds.

Yet it's possible to save on all of these. Check out some tips to help drive down costs while keeping you safe and legal on the road at

Tag: log book